Sunday, November 16, 2014

Operation: four weeks

This week has been...really up and down and random. It's that time in the semester when you can kind of breathe for a bit, except you really should be starting on final assignments, which is what I'm trying to do. However, I started off this week with the following text: "Who put the bread in the toilet?" This was after I had come back to the house I'm sharing with three other students and found a partial loaf of bread in the bag...in the toilet. Yeah...we talked and couldn't figure out how it got there. The start of the random week.

I bike to and from campus usually because it's faster and I like to mock the cars who can't go through the red lights even though no one is coming. Small pleasures...gotta take advantage of them! On Monday I was biking on Lancaster Ave to campus, content in my bike lane and then WHAM someone flings open their door and I had to swerve to avoid either hitting the door on the right or the car on the left. Yikes! I made this little squealing sound and just kept going. What was I going to say? I don't think they even noticed, honestly. Then it happened AGAIN on Thursday. Seriously, Philly! Respect the bike lanes! The second time, the guy at least shouted "sorry!" after me. Speaking of biking, the Penn insurance actually reimburses you up to $25 for a helmet. How great! Except the form looked a little complicated so I put it off for "later" aka the later that probably won't really happen.

As the title suggests, we have about four weeks left of the semester aka HALFWAY MARK. I'm sure once March hits, we'll all be like, "Wait, we are almost finished? There's still so much I want to do!" However, it is cold, maybe going to snow (!!), and we are trying to balance friends, classwork, conference preparations, sleep, family stuff, and laundry. Oh and showers. Everyone during midterms was saying how they had to schedule their showers in. Or at least I was saying that.

Still, us IEDPers always make time for some enjoyment. I went to a contemporary dance performance on Thursday (Kibbutz) and it was so beautiful and intense. Then I had to bike back during the "polar vortex" aka slushy snow. Miserable...On Friday, someone in my cohort does a West African dance class for anyone interested. Very low key. I finally went and it was fantastic! It's always great to make time for such activities, especially because it gets a bit dull just doing work all the time. Although I still went to the library after...

Here are some photos from the great dance class. I had class and then work so...I wasn't dressed quite properly. I'll be ready for next week though!
 







 Annnnd the other weekend was Felix's birthday, a fellow admissions blogger and IEDPer. It was really fun and there were some other people outside of our cohort there also. Maybe they don't want to be on my awesome blog so...I'll just put the IEDPers up!



We're all chugging and slinking towards the end of the semester, and making sure we have some fun in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment