Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Quirks and strange library encounters

I have now spent over 12 hours in the Van Pelt library working on my early childhood development final paper, which is being edited by my trusty friend at the moment. Given my bit of "free" time and the caffeine high from my third cup of coffee, I feel I must share with everyone some moments and quirks of the library, given my semester-long dedication to the fifth floor computer lab.


  1. WHAT is this doing in the women's restroom? The first time I saw it, I wanted to pull it, of course. However, after many furtive observations, I realized that it is not even hooked in anymore. Then why is it still there? To remind us of potential attacks while in the restroom?
  2. Accidental Footsies: There are sometimes things under the computer lab desks like cords and what-not so I never think much of it when I touch something while stretching out. However, there are a few times when I hit something, and then hit it again only to realize it is someone's FOOT. Thankfully, these desks are rather well secluded from others, so both parties may avoid awkwardness.
  3. Eating Rules: Everyone eats in the library, everywhere. There may be signs, but no one cares and no one should as long as you obey the unsaid rule: do not bring delicious smelling food. Like this guy: (Sidenote: that's a Ginger Brew, not beer)
 4. I know it is finals people, but THAT IS NO EXCUSE NOT TO SHOWER.
5. Why do clocks in old libraries all have different times or just not work at all, like this one?
 

6. This was taken on the fifth floor. So...WHY does it exist?? I'm so confused....


carrel7. Carrels: No one seems to know what they are. They are just fancy names for personal desks in the library. I have one on the third floor where I leave all my books, and since they are checked out to the carrell and not me, there's NO expiration date. HOW AMAZING. However, that means I often am running from the 5th floor to the 3rd so I can get my books.

However, after a long day at the library plowing through a literature review, you do kinda feel like a rock star once you get it done.


My second home


No comments:

Post a Comment