Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Almost famous...if only it was a more flattering picture!

Policy Brief? CHECK! I officially submitted mine yesterday while I sat in my library carrell for the fourth time all year. Yes yes, the pictures of cute kids makes ALL the difference! Let's hope my professors think so! I basically finished on Saturday but wanted a few days to let it sit before I looked at it with new eyes--glad I did because I had "give" instead of "five" at some point. Oooops.

I woke up on Sunday all leisurely because I only had a bit of reading to do and ended up staying in bed until noon while I caught up on emails then went to campus JUST TO HANG OUT. I thought, "This is what life is like after the policy brief." Jaja, no really, I was not that stressed about it to begin with and had to roll my eyes a little at the heated discussions on our facebook group about word count and label names. I'm sure when we do our presentation walk-about in a few weeks, we will forget what we even wrote about!

There is a slight lull at the moment, at least for me, before the finals really get started. So, what does one do during such lulls? Hang out with friends, purposely seek out and consume free food, and sit in the sun while watching TED talks. At least, that's what I have been doing! I am sure that by tomorrow (or even in a few hours), I will actually realize that I have a 30 minute presentation in two weeks plus a lot of other things on the horizon, but sometimes it is necessary to smell the wonderful Spring air...

Also---IEDP is on the GSE webpage!!!

 There are definitely better pictures of us! Or at least, of me! (I am in the sideways zero on the right making an awkward face.) Others are definitely showing off their many (modeling) talents...

For Thursday's Proseminar class for IEDP, we started by writing anything that we were still concerned about related to development. These included: identity, equity, valuing local knowledge, language...many many concerns still. We had a general discussion about some of these concerns and issues. Many of us were acknowledging our own development since beginning the program, and how our own views have changed. I would say many of us are more critical of not just others language and assumptions, but also our own. How will we navigate this area of work in the future as we step out of the classroom and into our internships?

And most importantly...where is everyone going this summer?? Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment