Tuesday, September 2, 2014

IEDPers really do have more fun (or at least, some fun)

While classes are still getting started, it seems many people are trying to take advantage of the light course load to actually have a weekend NOT reading for classes. Some people went to see friends or significant others, some explored the city, and some spent Friday night in Center City partaking in drink specials...like me. It was really just an excuse to get out of University City! Since I live 15 minutes walking to Penn campus, I find myself already wearing down a path between my house, to the library, to the GSE building and back to my house. Plus, there's a Penn Bus that goes to Center City (for "free") and they even waited for us as we ran down 40th street to catch it! How nice of them.

Everyone, except for Wendy on the right, is in IEDP. Wendy is a doctoral candidate with the Higher Education Program, and lives near Rittenhouse Square aka Center City, so we met at her place before. Let me just say that everyone in the program has such an interesting background and perspective to add to conversations. The diversity of the program is really a big draw for many people interested in this area. Ruju (with the pink purse) also helps to run the twitter account.

Besides the night out on Friday, I just ended up doing reading for class at the very cold library, although it was rather welcomed because of the ridiculous humidity right now. Andrea (on the left of the photo) and I did a 9pm-when-the-Trader-Joes-closes-at-10pm race to get food, reinforcing how RIDICULOUS Philly is when it comes to one-way streets. 

So, moral of the post--grad students DO have a life...when they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment